The production process of silicone rubber products has a complete set of production processes from product design, research and development to mold development, raw material processing, production technology, and quality inspection. Today, let’s talk about the production process of silicone rubber products!
What is a sample mold?
All silicone products must be made into silicone molds before they are made, and then new products can be developed after the molds. Now let's introduce our mold.
The sample mold is also called the hand mold. When the customer admits that we are cooperating with us and want us to make samples, the customer must first provide samples, 2D drawings or 3D drawings. If the customer provides a template, we will get a 3D picture after copying the number based on the template. If the customer provides a 3D drawing, it will be more convenient. Our mold room master will program the mold based on the 3D drawing provided by the customer. Generally, the sample mold is opened first to let the customer admit, and the large mold is opened for mass production after the customer admits that there is no problem. Rubber automation
The mobile phone case sample mold usually has 1 to 2 holes. When there are more samples, our sample mold will also have 4 holes. The sample model has the effect of acknowledging the original sample, and it turns the image file into a real object. Because silica gel is flexible, the actual product produced may not be exactly the same as the drawing. At this time, we only need to open a sample mold and print the sample for customers to acknowledge. If there is a problem with the sample mold, it is relatively simple to correct the mold at this time, the correction time is short, and the power is high. Every time the mold is opened, the mold must be approved by proofing, which is to recognize the mold. When the product is developed to meet the requirements of the customer, the mold is also recognized at this time.
The original data of the sample model
The sample molds are generally selected steel materials. Decide the size of the template according to the size of the product. Generally choose the template with length * width * height of 300mm*300mm*30mm.
The production time of the sample mold
The production time of the sample mold is determined by the degree of disorder of the product structure. Generally, relatively simple products usually take about 2-3 days from programming to completion of processing; for messy products, it takes about 5-7 days. The more messy the product structure, the longer the mold opening time.
Advantages of opening the sample mold
The number of holes in the primary sample mold is small, the use of the template is small, and the processing time is short, so that the cost is relatively small and the power is high. Secondly, opening the sample mold can also bring other advantages. For example, even if the product structure is not recognized for the first time, it is more convenient to modify the mold. After the correction, the sample can be recognized immediately, which shortens the time. Third, because the cost is low, opening the sample mold first can reduce the risk. If the large mold is opened directly, the sample cannot be recognized for the first time, and a lot of quality problems will be caused when the modified mold is used to produce the product. In this case, the mold will only get worse and worse, and the more repaired, the less conducive to production. . Therefore, opening a sample mold can achieve the primary purpose of acknowledging the product. If you admit that there is no problem, you can open a large mold at one time, so that the products produced will rarely have quality problems. Rubber automation
Do you want to learn more about silicone? Do you want to spend less to buy high-quality silicone products? Shenzhen Pinzhishang Silicone Gift Factory has 20 years of mold development and 15 years of silicone product development experience! Provide you with professionalism , Good price products!
An important step before mold making-mold material selection
When making molds for silicone products, the first consideration is the selection of the original materials of the mold. According to the product quality, quantity, structure, etc., the selection of mold materials is determined. Mold material selection is a very important part of the entire mold making process. Mold material selection needs to meet three requirements: first, the mold meets the operational requirements such as wear resistance and strong resistance; second, the mold meets the process requirements; third, the mold should meet the economic applicability requirements.
(1) Satisfactory operating conditions of the mold
1. Wear resistance When the blank is plastically deformed in the mold cavity, it flows and slides along the surface of the cavity, causing violent conflict between the surface of the cavity and the blank, and then it is easy to cause the mold to fail due to wear. Therefore, the wear resistance of materials is one of the most basic and important functions of the mold. Hardness is the primary factor affecting wear resistance. Under normal circumstances, the higher the hardness of the mold parts, the smaller the amount of wear and the better the wear resistance. In addition, the wear resistance is also related to the type, quantity, shape, size and distribution of the carbide in the material. 2. Strong resistance. Most of the molds have very harsh operating conditions, and some often accept larger impact loads, which then lead to brittle cracking. In order to avoid sudden brittle fracture of mold parts during operation, the mold must have high strength and resistance. The resistance of the mold mainly depends on the carbon content, grain size and arrangement state of the material. 3. Fatigue and cracking function During mold operation, under the long-term effect of cyclic stress, fatigue cracking is often caused. The methods include multiple impact fatigue cracking with small energy, stretch fatigue cracking, touch fatigue cracking, and bending fatigue cracking. The fatigue cracking function of the mold mainly depends on its strength, resistance, hardness, and the content of inclusions in the material. 4. High-temperature function When the operating temperature of the mold is high, the hardness and strength will decrease, leading to early wear of the mold or plastic deformation and failure. Therefore, the mold material should have a higher anti-tempering stability to ensure that the mold has a higher hardness and strength at the operating temperature. 5. Anti-cold and heat fatigue function. Some molds are in a state of repeated heating and cooling during the operation process, which causes the surface of the cavity to be pulled and pressure to change stress, causing surface cracking and falling off, increasing the conflict force, and preventing plastic deformation. Decreased dimensional accuracy, and then caused mold failure. Hot and cold fatigue is one of the primary ways that hot-worked molds fail. This type of mold should have a high resistance to cold and heat fatigue. 6. Corrosion resistance When some molds such as plastic molds are in operation, because there are elements such as chlorine and fluorine in the plastic, they will separate and resolve strong corrosive gases such as HCI and HF after being heated, which will erode the surface of the mold cavity and increase its rough appearance. Degree, aggravate wear failure. Rubber automation
(2) The mold satisfies the process and function requirements
The production of molds generally involves several processes such as forging, cutting, and heat treatment. In order to ensure the quality of mold production and reduce production costs, the materials should have outstanding forgeability, machinability, hardenability, hardenability and grindability; it should also have small oxidation, decarburization sensitivity and quenching Deformation and cracking tendency.
1. Forgeability It has low hot forging deformation resistance, good plasticity, wide forging temperature scale, low forging cold cracking and low tendency to precipitate network carbides. 2. Processability The spheroidizing annealing temperature is wide, the annealing hardness is low, the fluctuation scale is small, and the spheroidizing rate is high. 3. Machinability The cutting amount is large, the tool loss is low, and the machining surface roughness is low. 4. Sensitivity to oxidation and decarburization. It has good oxidation resistance when heated at high temperature, slow decarburization speed, insensitive to heating medium, and little tendency to pitting. 5. Hardenability After quenching, it has uniform and high surface hardness. 6. Hardenability After quenching, a deeper hardened layer can be obtained, and it can be hardened by selecting a mild quenching medium. 7. Tendency of quenching deformation and cracking The volume change of conventional quenching is small, the shape is warped, the distortion is subtle, and the tendency of abnormal deformation is low. Conventional quenching has low sensitivity to cracking, and is not sensitive to quenching temperature and workpiece shape. Rubber automation
The grinding wheel is relatively small in wear, and the non-burn limit grinding consumption is large. It is not sensitive to the quality of the grinding wheel and the cooling conditions, and it is not easy to cause abrasion and grinding cracks.
(3) The mold meets the economic requirements
When selecting materials for the mold, the economy must be considered, and the production cost must be reduced as much as possible. Therefore, on the premise of satisfying the use of functions, the first choice is to choose lower prices. Carbon steel is not necessary for alloy steel, and domestic materials are not necessary for imported materials. In addition, the production and supply conditions of the market should also be considered when selecting materials, and the selected steel grades should be as small as possible, and easy to buy.